Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: MacCheck shows a Partition Error

MacCheck shows a Partition Error 14 Oct 2018 00:25 #10291

I keep getting a partition error when I run the MacCheck tests. I restarted in Recovery Mode (Command + R), ran disk first aid on the partition and it showed no errors. I then reset the PRAM and it went away, but after a few weeks and a couple of restarts it starts doing it again and I have to reset the PRAM. I cannot do these tests in TechTool because it will not run in Mojave, would reinstalling from Time Machine help?
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MacCheck shows a Partition Error 14 Oct 2018 01:03 #10292

Disk Utility allows you to repair the partition map if you select the device (not a volume on it) and click the Repair Disk or First Aid button. The text that is displayed should refer to the partition, not to checking the disk directory of a volume on the partition. The entire process takes about a minute.

It is likely that there was a minor problem with the partition map, and that the operating system itself detected and repaired it, so it does not show up again immediately when you run the test. Then, the problem reappears. I had that happen for several months on my iMac (mid-2010) running macOS 10.12.6, and then the problem stopped for no apparent reason. Sometimes, the partition map repairs are noted in the System log, which you can read with the Console application, located in /Applications/Utilities/
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: saneman
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds