Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Move to iPad under the Window drop down menu?

Move to iPad under the Window drop down menu? 13 Aug 2020 14:41 #12215

I opened up Lifespan on my computer. The Window menu has a choice called, "Move to iPad." What does this feature do?
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Move to iPad under the Window drop down menu? 13 Aug 2020 16:42 #12216

Thanks for your report, and the helpful screen capture.

The beta administrator for Lifespan opened the original Xcode project for the program, and verified that the menu does not have the "Move to iPad" menu choice shown in your screen capture. He concluded that you must have something installed that added the "Move to iPad" menu choice to the Window menu.

This is just speculation on my part, but it appears that you have something installed that offers to move the manual for the program to your iPad. Lifespan and its manual is open, possibly in Apple's Sidecar.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 13 Aug 2020 16:43 by micromattech3.

Move to iPad under the Window drop down menu? 13 Aug 2020 16:47 #12217

Weird. "Something installed?" I only downloaded from the Micromat webpage. Should be concerned with malicious code or a virus?

Move to iPad under the Window drop down menu? 13 Aug 2020 16:50 #12218

Also tried to use the "Move to iPad" feature. It said, "Unable to connect to iPad. Device timed out."
"

Move to iPad under the Window drop down menu? 13 Aug 2020 17:10 #12219

By something installed, I meant a third-party program. I have not encountered this before, and was not able to find a program that has this feature.

Based on the error message, I suspect that the menu choice is one that is intended to allow you to copy the Lifespan pdf manual to the iPad.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Move to iPad under the Window drop down menu? 13 Aug 2020 17:14 #12220

Here is another interpretation of "Move to iPad":

How to Extend or Mirror a Mac Screen to an iPad With Sidecar

Subtitle: With macOS Catalina's Sidecar feature, your iPad can be a second display for your Mac. You'll need a relatively recent Mac, but here's how to set it up and use Sidecar.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.377 seconds