Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Features I Would Like To See

Features I Would Like To See 29 Aug 2019 22:37 #11346

Years ago TechTool Pro's reporting of all a drive's SMART attributes detected a failed drive when Disk Utility continued to show it as "Passed" and I came to realize the value of having the entire SMART attribute picture. For that reason I was quick to buy Drive Scope when it first came out and thought it was an okay tool, but it has only been as a result of a recent extended discussion with a colleague that I became convicted of its great value in a world of SSD, NVMe, and APFS in addition to HD and HFS+. As a result I am going to be using Drive Scope regularly in the future but there are some enhancements I would like to suggest.
  • Automated running of Drive Scope as with Checkmate
  • Recording of pre-fail or user selected attributes and user notification of changes
  • Warning users when pre-fail or user selected attributes reach a user specified percentage of the drive manufacturers specified threshold or the rate of change began to increase
  • If I were really dreaming with users permission Micromat would compile the collected data and analyze it to refine the "early failure warning" signs and feed that back into the product design.
IMHO that could transfer Drive Scope from nice to have tool to a must have essential.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Features I Would Like To See 29 Aug 2019 22:41 #11347

Joemikeb,

Thanks for a very interesting set of suggestions, which I have passed along to the beta administrator for Drive Scope.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.343 seconds