Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Drive Scope sees an external drive on one Mac but not on another Mac

Drive Scope sees an external drive on one Mac but not on another Mac 10 Feb 2019 02:36 #10598

Drive Scope can read the SMART data from a USB external drive when it is connected on one Mac. But it cannot see the same drive when it is connected to another Mac.

Both Macs run Mojave 10.14.2 and I use the same USB cable to connect the drive in both cases.

Both Macs run Drive Scope 1.2.3 (Build 499-f2c23c3)

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Drive Scope sees an external drive on one Mac but not on another Mac 10 Feb 2019 02:49 #10599

Some drives require the SAT SMART driver to be installed in order to be seen on a USB connection. You can install the driver using the "Install SAT SMART Driver" menu choice in Drive Scope's Drive Scope menu. The driver may require a restart. Installing the SAT SMART Driver is not quite as straightforward as we would like, due to recent changes in security made by Apple. Please see pages 45 and 46 of the Drive Scope manual. Thank you.

If installing the SAT SMART driver does not work, you might be able to get an explanation of why by writing to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Yours is the first case I have seen in which a drive was seen while connected to one Macintosh but not while connected to another, both by USB.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds