Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Drive Scope Error on External Drive

Drive Scope Error on External Drive 19 Sep 2017 15:13 #8595

Hello,

I have not run any of the extended tests on any of my hard drives. This error shows up on the short test. This is a bus powered backup drive used for cloning.

The manual says this could be from a bad power supply or the cable. I have tried different USB ports and different cables. Same result. This drive is less than a year old.

Any insights?

Thanks!
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Drive Scope Error on External Drive 19 Sep 2017 15:42 #8597

I do not have any information about that error beyond what is in the manual. I think you should run the extended test, and then contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , in case the author of the manual has some additional details. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Drive Scope Error on External Drive 20 Sep 2017 14:18 #8600

Tried to run the extended test on this drive several times yesterday.. The test is always aborted by host at 10%. Last night I started the test with Drive Scope as the only running application and Energy Saver set to never sleep the computer.
Attachments:

Drive Scope Error on External Drive 20 Sep 2017 14:36 #8601

It has come to my attention that the aborting of the self-test when an error is encountered is intentional. The error is then reported in the Self-Test Status column in Drive Scope. The drive itself sends the command to halt the self-test when an error is encountered.

I have suggested that this fact be added to the manual.

I think you should contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , in case any more details about this particular error are known to the author of the manual. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 20 Sep 2017 23:48 by micromattech3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airbusky
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds