Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: drive scope does not work!!!!

drive scope does not work!!!! 18 Sep 2017 10:54 #8587

OK this is really simple.... I did not find anywhere in the Drive Scope section where it said that the application (program \\ software) would NOT work with a MacBook Pro 2017...

====> Really this data needs to be front and centre.... So I just spent $$$ for nothing. <====

Thank you Micromat marketing. You just drove another nail into the coffin of lost customers.
This alone should get you fired. The rule in marketing 001 (not even 101) is that when you alienate one
customer you essentially alienate 10, and those 10 will remark to 10 more. With me that would be closer to 2700.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

drive scope does not work!!!! 18 Sep 2017 12:57 #8588

From the product description in the online store, at www.micromat.com/products/drive-scope :

* SATA Solid State Drives (SSDs) only. NVMe (PCI-Express) solid state drives are currently not supported. This includes internal SSDs for MacBook (2015-2017), MacBook Pro (2016-2017) and iMac (2017)

You can contact the sales department for a refund, at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , if you like.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 18 Sep 2017 12:59 by micromattech3.

drive scope does not work!!!! 18 Sep 2017 18:48 #8589

Actually I'm experiencing the same problem but for 20 bucks I am not as upset. I've been using TechTool 9 since well forever and it have one of the great utilities since becoming an avid mac user. I think my first TechTool was version 7 (I would have to check my mail archive).

Even though I spend 34 as an IT manager I found that Apple can be irritating such as the removal of any connections other than Thunderbolts which is another profit center for Apple dongle sales (I have the same computer) which is why I funded a Kickstarter for a workaround (HyperDrive).

I'll wait for Mac OS High Sierra and/or MicroMat to work something out.

drive scope does not work!!!! 18 Sep 2017 19:00 #8590

Thanks for your report, your perspective, and your patience.

We are looking into whether it will be possible to provide support for the types of drive and interface combinations that the first release of Drive Scope is unable to support.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

drive scope does not work!!!! 19 Sep 2017 14:34 #8593

Drive Scope doesn‘t work with my Fusion Drive. Only one of the two drives can be scanned.

drive scope does not work!!!! 19 Sep 2017 14:52 #8594

If the solid state portion of the Fusion Drive is an NVMe (PCI-Express) solid state drive, that is to be expected. The first release of Drive Scope does not support internal NVMe (PCI-Express) SSDs for MacBook (2015-2017), MacBook Pro (2016-2017) and iMac (2017).

If your Fusion Drive does not involve such a solid state drive, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email, and may be asked to send in some additional information, such as an Apple System Information report. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

drive scope does not work!!!! 27 Sep 2017 20:43 #8644

In my case it Drive Scope worked, but s-l-o-w-e-d everything down too much for me! I also got a buggy finder.

BUT i'm not sure Drive Scope was the cause for sure, so I will wait for an update to the app and then try a reinstall.

I'm using High Sierra now, that may help too.

iMac (Late 2012)
3.1 GHz Intel Core i7

drive scope does not work!!!! 27 Sep 2017 21:43 #8648

Thanks for your report.

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email, and may be asked to send in some additional details, such as an Apple System Information report, and some log files. Thanks for your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

drive scope does not work!!!! 01 Nov 2017 17:28 #8725

From Drive Scope 1.1.1 Released:

Drive Scope 1.1.1 Released
Version 1.1.1
File Size 13.2 MB
Release Date: 11/1/2017

How to apply this update:
To perform this version update, launch the installed copy of the Drive Scope application and select the Check for Update... option located under the Drive Scope menu. Users who have purchased from this site may login to their account to download up-to-date versions of Drive Scope, other users may access a direct download by registering their serial number.

Changes:
• Added support for internal NVMe SSDs in MacBook (2015 and later), MacBook Pro (2016 and later), iMac (2017).
• Fixed a potential application hang during launch.
• Updated drive manufacturer company logos.
• Updates to the Drive Scope PDF manual.
• Other improvements and enhancements.

For complete change list, see the ReadMe file.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 01 Nov 2017 17:29 by micromattech3.
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds