Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Uninstalling DiskStudio

Uninstalling DiskStudio 11 Feb 2019 04:36 #10644

I'm going through my iMac and am purging all 32-bit only and other outdated applications such as DiskStudio. Will just dragging the DiskStudio.app file to the Trash be sufficient or are there other DS bits and pieces scattered around that will be left behind? If so, how do I locate and remove those crumbs?
Cogito Ergo Mac
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Uninstalling DiskStudio 11 Feb 2019 10:40 #10645

If I recall correctly, the only files are the application package, which you can delete, and one preferences file, at:

/Users/user_name/Library/Preferences/com.micromat.diskstudio.plist

You will probably find a lot of obsolete preferences files in that folder and the one at /Library/Preferences/.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: romad

Uninstalling DiskStudio 11 Feb 2019 16:37 #10648

OK. Thank you.
Cogito Ergo Mac

Uninstalling DiskStudio 11 Feb 2019 16:46 #10649

You are welcome.

I happened to see at Ric Ford's Macintouch.com this morning a mention of a more reliable method of finding 32-bit applications than using the System Profiler (scroll down to "System Information – Legacy Software misleading").
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 11 Feb 2019 16:49 by micromattech3.

Uninstalling DiskStudio 11 Feb 2019 17:16 #10650

I actually am using 32-bit Check 1.6. The problem is I'm finding critical applications that won't be updated to 64-bit and for which there aren't any really comparable replacements - subquality replacements yes, but not up to the quality of the 32-bit app.
Cogito Ergo Mac

Uninstalling DiskStudio 11 Feb 2019 17:25 #10651

That is a tough situation to be in, especially if the 32-bit applications are job-related.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Uninstalling DiskStudio 11 Feb 2019 17:29 #10652

Fortunately I'm retired but they are still critical, especially my personal finance applications.
Cogito Ergo Mac

Uninstalling DiskStudio 11 Feb 2019 17:35 #10653

The problem I have had with migrating personal financial data is that the Quicken interchange format supported by most of these programs does not preserve the descriptions of all parts of a split transaction.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.361 seconds