Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Checkmate no longer running

Checkmate no longer running 30 Nov 2019 09:34 #11556

I have just noticed that Checkmate (1.1.8 (3317) has completely stopped working. I am running Catalina (10.15.1) on an old (mid 2012) MacBook Pro with a new SSD (APFS). The check is set to be made every day. Running TechTool Pro (11.0.5) shows an "unable to dismount drive" error, but Disk First Aid shows no problems with the disk.

I am fully backed up to Time Machine, but uneasy at the absence for a regular Checkmate run. What is happening please?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Checkmate no longer running 30 Nov 2019 11:19 #11557

According to the system requirements in the online store, Checkmate supports macOS 10.7 through 10.14. I recall someone saying that it needed revision, but it is odd that nobody has mentioned using it with Catalina before. I will ask about this.

As for using TechTool Pro 11.0.5 with Catalina, please see:

Techtool Pro 11 Tests and Tools status when used with Catalina.

I suggest you change your screen name to something other than an email address. These forums are indexed by Google, and you might get a lot of spam. Use the My Account link at the top of the page, and then the Account Information link. Changing your screen name retroactively updates the screen name that appears in all of your postings.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fortinbras

Checkmate no longer running 30 Nov 2019 11:34 #11558

Struggling to change my "Screen Name" - I have tried editing my "Profile" and several other routes....

Checkmate no longer running 30 Nov 2019 11:38 #11559

I have successfully changed my user name. Thanks very much indeed.

Checkmate no longer running 30 Nov 2019 11:41 #11560

You are welcome, and thanks for letting us know something is not broken.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Checkmate no longer running 30 Nov 2019 18:33 #11561

Checkmate 1.1.8 should run under macOS 10.5 Catalina, with two limitations, described below.

Please try reinstalling the program, and if that does not work, please send a report using the Send Report feature of the Checkmate application's Checkmate menu. Thank you.

Starting with macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Checkmate cannot perform a Surface Scan on the active startup volume, due to changes in security that Apple introduced in that version. That is also true of TechTool Pro.

Checkmate 1.1.8 cannot perform a Volume Structures test on the new, invisible to the user ._Data partition on the active startup volume of an installation of Catalina. That is probably something that can be fixed, by providing an update to Checkmate to specify this new volume correctly.

The memory test may not test as much memory as it did with earlier system software.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds