Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Where do I locate a drive's SN numbers ?

Where do I locate a drive's SN numbers ? 11 Jun 2019 16:52 #11167

I have two 2 TB drives .

Where do I locate the SN# for the drive Checkmate identified as defective ?

I do realize that since there are only two drives I could check/test both of them albeit it would be
helpful to zero in on the drive Checkmate noted as defective .

( refer to screen shot if this forum was able to capture it )
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Where do I locate a drive's SN numbers ? 11 Jun 2019 17:29 #11168

It is not easy to correlate drives and their serial numbers with the volumes that are on the drive. As long as your drives are different sizes, should be able to distinguish them and find their serial numbers using the Surface Scan in TechTool Pro. Please see this screen capture:

www.micromat.com/component/kunena/techto...get-disk-laptop#8165
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Where do I locate a drive's SN numbers ? 11 Jun 2019 17:44 #11169

micromattech3 wrote:
It is not easy to correlate drives and their serial numbers with the volumes that are on the drive. As long as your drives are different sizes, should be able to distinguish them and find their serial numbers using the Surface Scan in TechTool Pro. Please see this screen capture:

www.micromat.com/component/kunena/techto...get-disk-laptop#8165

It somewhat goes with out saying when the size of drives are different then it is obvious to pick the " failed " drive .

In this case both drives are equal in size .

And so my question remains : Where did or where does Checkmate find the serial number ?

Where do I locate a drive's SN numbers ? 11 Jun 2019 17:45 #11170

You should be able to find the drive's serial numbers and its volumes by name in Apple System Information report, starting at About This Mac under the Apple menu, and then going to more information. You should look in the hardware area of the report, under USB and ATA and SATA/SATA express devices:

discussions.apple.com/thread/6696519
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Where do I locate a drive's SN numbers ? 11 Jun 2019 22:23 #11171

If you hold the mouse pointer over the device description in the Surface Scan, you get a Tool Tip window. The window has the serial number of the device and the names of the volumes on the device. My attempts to produce a screen capture have yielded an image that omits the Tool Tip window.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds