Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: CheckMate should ignore NFTS volumes and not display a volume structure error

CheckMate should ignore NFTS volumes and not display a volume structure error 21 May 2019 05:10 #11095

So, I have an NFTS formatted external SSD connected to my Mac for use with Boot Camp. When I'm back on the Mac side, it is in an unmounted state and sometimes CheckMate tries to mount/check it, with a volume structure error in the log. Is there any way you could ignore these volumes in a future update? Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CheckMate should ignore NFTS volumes and not display a volume structure error 21 May 2019 10:14 #11096

Thanks for your report.

See if the NTFS volume shows up in the window in which you can make exclusions. Open Checkmate, then choose Preferences from the Checkmate menu. Click the Exclusions button. Then add the volume to be excluded in Volumes. If that does not work, please send your suggestion to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

CheckMate should ignore NFTS volumes and not display a volume structure error 21 May 2019 10:27 #11097

You should probably exclude the NTFS volume from both the Volumes Structures test and the File Structures test, as shown i the screen capture below (made using my HFS+ Time Machine volume):
Attachments:
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

CheckMate should ignore NFTS volumes and not display a volume structure error 21 May 2019 15:06 #11098

The local Boot Camp volume does show up, but I think Apple did an local SMB trick there or the NTFS dfriver only mounts the Boot Camp volume. You can't mount other drives without 3th party software. So I can't exclude it. If I boot back in macOS, it asks me to remove/unmount it because it isn't readable. So yes, this volume sits there in an unmounted state, so when I boot back into Windows, it just mounts.

So please, ignore other NFTS volumes other than the Boot Camp partition or don't try to mount them. Cheers!

CheckMate should ignore NFTS volumes and not display a volume structure error 21 May 2019 15:48 #11099

Thanks for the additional details.

I have forwarded your last posting to the beta administrator for Checkmate. It is odd that this issue has not arisen before. Thanks again.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

CheckMate should ignore NFTS volumes and not display a volume structure error 21 May 2019 16:40 #11100

The beta administrator for Checkmate has two questions:

1. What version of Checkmate are you using? The current version of Checkmate does not perform these tests on two of his computers that have NTFS volumes.

2. Do you have software that makes the NTFS volume read/write? For example, Paragon’s NTFS for Mac or Tuxera NTFS installed and active? If so, that still should not make Checkmate perform a volume structures test on this type of volume format.

Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

CheckMate should ignore NFTS volumes and not display a volume structure error 21 May 2019 17:09 #11101

1.1.8 and I don't have any 3th party NFTS driver installed I do know of. It doesn't do this always, maybe it happens when I press ignore or cancel? Does Checkmate try to mount connected volumes?
Last Edit: 21 May 2019 17:21 by micromattech3. Reason: corrected version #

CheckMate should ignore NFTS volumes and not display a volume structure error 21 May 2019 17:53 #11102

Checkmate 1.1.8 should not be seeing NTFS volumes when it does the File Structures test and Volume Structures test, because the system software tool we are using does not recognize NTFS volumes.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

CheckMate should ignore NFTS volumes and not display a volume structure error 01 Jun 2019 08:40 #11141

Here is the line from the Checkmate Log:
2019-06-01 02:21:06 Error: Found a partition structure error for device "500 GB Samsung Portable SSD T1 Media" (SN#SXXXXXXXXX). ::Use Disk Utility or TechTool Pro for repair.

And my T1 SSD is NFTS formatted for use with Boot Camp and was in an unmounted state, but connected.

CheckMate should ignore NFTS volumes and not display a volume structure error 01 Jun 2019 09:53 #11142

Thanks for the additional detail.

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread, and use the Send Report feature in the Checkmate application's Checkmate menu to send a report to the same address. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

CheckMate should ignore NFTS volumes and not display a volume structure error 31 Aug 2019 16:05 #11348

I have continual Volume Structure Errors on my SSD, which is my Macintosh HD. It is extremely annoying to get these errors on my startup drive. As with the previous person is there any way to correct these errors with your product. I do not get these errors repeating with TTP or Disk Utility. I know you mentioned these can be disabled, but that is simply a work around. IF there were an actual problem and this function is skipped then what???

CheckMate should ignore NFTS volumes and not display a volume structure error 31 Aug 2019 16:24 #11349

Thanks for your report.

Please open the Checkmate application, and from the Checkmate menu, choose Send Report. Send in the report along with a description of what you have observed. You will receive a reply on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday in the USA). Thanks for your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

CheckMate should ignore NFTS volumes and not display a volume structure error 31 Aug 2019 20:51 #11350

I've tried to explain we get these errors for non Bootcamp NFTS volumes. Even when these are not mounted but still connected (ready for when I go to Bootcamp). My plan was to wait when macOS 10.15 is out of beta. Are you running a public beta?

There is no way, unless you use a 3th party driver, because macOS only supports the main Bootcamp volume on your internal SSD. So, you can't mount NFTS and exclude them. So, I'm not going to buy this driver just to mount them to exclude them. Annoying indeed.
Time to create page: 0.395 seconds