Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Checkmate incorrectly suspending service

Checkmate incorrectly suspending service 17 May 2018 06:23 #9669

Ever since I upgraded to 1.1.8 Checkmate has everything ending because 'backupd' is running. It is not running and Time Machine is Off.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Checkmate incorrectly suspending service 17 May 2018 10:01 #9670

Try reinstalling Checkmate. The installer is in your Available Downloads, at the bottom of your My Account page, linked above.

If reinstalling Checkmate does not resolve the problem, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email, and may be asked to send in some additional information, such as an Apple System Information report, and some logs that Checkmate gathers with the "Send Report" menu choice in the Checkmate menu of the application itself. Thanks for your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Checkmate incorrectly suspending service 09 Sep 2018 17:30 #10105

FYI, this has just started happening to me today, and the most recent installation was version 154 of Gatekeeper Configuration Data four days ago. Although backups is not running I see a process backupd-helper in the Activity Monitor. Will try the reinstall you suggest....

Note: I had a typo above, correct process name is "backupd-helper"
Attachments:
Last Edit: 10 Sep 2018 14:44 by jw13. Reason: fix typo in process name

Checkmate incorrectly suspending service 09 Sep 2018 17:39 #10106

It is possible that backup-helper is the reason why Checkmate is suspended, but it is odd that I had not encountered this issue before. The Checkmate dialog box names the process that is causing the suspension.

Here is an article that explains what the backup-helper process does.

From <<www.howtogeek.com/320342/what-is-backupd...t-running-on-my-mac/>> :

You may also noticed a related process in Activity Monitor named backupd-helper. This process helps connect your backup drive in time for your backups to run—particularly if the backup location is on the network.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Checkmate incorrectly suspending service 10 Sep 2018 14:42 #10107

es, it *is* backupd-helper that is running. Yesterday, after doing a re-install Checkmate did run without throwing up dialogs.
However, is morning I saw the same thing, i.e. there were four dialogs on my screen. The last TimeMachine backup was at 2AM and Checkmate had run last at about 6:30 AM. I use TimeMachineEditor to limit TM backups to twice a day, 2AM and 2PM.

I have been running like this for about a month and yesterday was the first day I noticed the dialogs on my screen.
Not sure why this would suddenly start to happen. Otherwise computer seems normal...

I'll wait and not reinstall today and see if Checkmate will run on its own today.
Attachments:

Checkmate incorrectly suspending service 10 Sep 2018 16:25 #10112

Thanks for the additional details.

If reinstalling Checkmate does not solve the stacking dialog box problem, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. If I recall correctly, this problem was reported when Checkmate was new, but has not been seen for a long time. Thanks for your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds