Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Who is right or who is wrong...

Who is right or who is wrong... 04 Aug 2015 17:13 #6589

Check mate tells me that a surface scan found bad blocks.

TechTool Pro 8 tells me no bad blocks encountered.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Who is right or who is wrong... 04 Aug 2015 18:05 #6590

Please check to make sure that you are using the most recent version of Checkmate, version 1.1.4. With an earlier version, there were a few cases of Checkmate incorrectly reporting bad blocks.

If you are using Checkmate version 1.1.4, and you ran TechTool Pro after getting the report from Checkmate, then we need to see what Checkmate reported. Please use the Send Report feature in Checkmate's menus to send a report to us. You will receive a reply from This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Who is right or who is wrong... 26 Nov 2015 13:27 #6906

I have a similar question. Checkmate (V 1.1.5) is reporting a battery problem (Battery Condition: Needs Service); when I followed up with TTP (V 8.0.3), it reported that the battery is ok. Screenshots attached.
Attachments:

Who is right or who is wrong... 26 Nov 2015 13:55 #6907

Thanks for your report.

Only one of your screen captures came through.

I have not seen any previous cases of contradictions between the reports of battery status provided by the two utilities.

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread, and attach both screen captures. You may be asked to send an Apple System Information report. The company is closed for Thanksgiving, and will reopen at 9 A.M. Pacific Time on Monday. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Who is right or who is wrong... 26 Nov 2015 15:09 #6909

Here is the other screen cap.
Attachments:

Who is right or who is wrong... 26 Nov 2015 16:02 #6912

Thanks for the other screen capture.

I wonder if the fact that the battery is so close to 50% charged (according to TechTool Pro) has something to do with the contradictory results, and what charge level triggers the "needs service" alert.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 26 Nov 2015 16:03 by micromattech3.

Who is right or who is wrong... 26 Nov 2015 16:22 #6913

It's been doing it for a few days irrespective of charge level or being connected to the mains.

Who is right or who is wrong... 26 Nov 2015 16:31 #6914

You might try the reset explained in this article, and read other articles that mention the "service battery":

osxdaily.com/2010/07/27/service-battery-indicator-in-mac-os-x/
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Who is right or who is wrong... 26 Nov 2015 16:43 #6915

Page 5.18 of the TechTool Pro 8 manual (available in the TechTool Pro Help menu) explains how to get additional information about the status of the battery:

Clicking Run Battery Check displays additional battery statistics, including Capacity Life Remaining and Cycle Count among others. If the Condition of the battery reads ‘Needs Service’ or ‘Failing,’ the battery will need to be replaced. If a laptop does not have a user-replaceable battery, it should be taken to an Apple authorized repair center.
Attachments:
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 26 Nov 2015 16:44 by micromattech3.

Who is right or who is wrong... 26 Nov 2015 17:19 #6916

This is the information that was contained in the second attachment, which was a screen capture from the Run Battery report.

Who is right or who is wrong... 26 Nov 2015 17:38 #6917

Yes, the excerpt from the manual was just for the benefit of people quickly reading the thread who might not take the time to open all the screen captures.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds