Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Checkmate FOREVER!!!!

Checkmate FOREVER!!!! 12 Sep 2014 17:25 #5801

It does not go away. looks like I will have it for life of this computer.
Checkmate kept interferring with other programs so using AppZapper, I tried to get rid of it. NO SUCH LUCK!
The icon is still at the top; each time I log in, I must say "no", I do not want the updated copy before I can do anything else. Genius Bar could not get rid of it. Looks like it is hanging on FOREVER!

As it turned out, I was still not sure what CheckMate was suppose to do other than slow down the operation of my iMac.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Checkmate FOREVER!!!! 12 Sep 2014 18:18 #5802

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , describing what programs you believe were interacting with Checkmate. There are no other reports of such problems.

The manual explains how to uninstall the program:

From Checkmate manual, page 3:

The Checkmate Installer includes an uninstall option. This option is available via a Customize button on the main Install screen. Performing an uninstall will completely remove all the Checkmate components from the current startup volume.

You might need to reinstall Checkmate before uninstalling it, because the uninstall script might not work if it does not find the files it expects to find. For future reference, most programs that launch processes at login cannot be removed by the Finder.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Checkmate FOREVER!!!! 12 Sep 2014 18:40 #5803

With the exception of the testing of the disk directory of the active startup volume, which the user can cancel via a dialog box, none of Checkmate's tests run when you are using your Macintosh.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds