Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Checkmate says volume structure problem; TTP7, Disk Utility, Drive Genius all found no problem.

Checkmate says volume structure problem; TTP7, Disk Utility, Drive Genius all found no problem. 28 Jul 2014 20:57 #5676

I'm assuming "volume structure problem" warning I see in the Ststus in Checkmate is a false positive -- I've run TechToolPro (latest v7.0.2), Disk Utility, Drive Genius, and all find no volume problem. All OSX 10.9.4

Can I get rid of the error message somehow, or double check if there's any reason for it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Checkmate says volume structure problem; TTP7, Disk Utility, Drive Genius all found no problem. 28 Jul 2014 21:06 #5677

TechTool Pro is now at version 7.0.4.

Please use the Send Report feature in the Checkmate application's Checkmate menu. We need to look at the log files to see what was reported. Please be sure to include your email address. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Checkmate says volume structure problem; TTP7, Disk Utility, Drive Genius all found no problem. 28 Jul 2014 21:25 #5679

You can clear the entire log by using the Log menu in the Checkmate application. Please do not do that until after you have received a reply about the report sent using the Send Report feature. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Checkmate says volume structure problem; TTP7, Disk Utility, Drive Genius all found no problem. 28 Aug 2014 22:34 #5770

Still waiting for the reply about the report sent -- as you asked me to wait, in the previous response.

Checkmate says volume structure problem; TTP7, Disk Utility, Drive Genius all found no problem. 28 Aug 2014 22:48 #5771

Thanks for letting me know you have not received a reply yet. I will ask if your report was received.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Checkmate says volume structure problem; TTP7, Disk Utility, Drive Genius all found no problem. 28 Aug 2014 23:30 #5772

What email address did you use in the report? I will not post the email address here.

The person who reads the Checkmate Reports made this observation:

Note that the act of unmounting and mounting a volume calls fsck_hfs, which can correct minor problems. So the act of testing might actually be repairing the issue at the end of the test, so that testing with TechTool Pro or Disk Utility finds no problem.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 28 Aug 2014 23:33 by micromattech3.
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds