Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Delete Checkmate log

Delete Checkmate log 21 May 2014 19:38 #5470

Finally figured out how to clear the Checkmate log file and now I have a file in my Trash basket I cannot delete!?

The file is named: CheckmateWorkerDaemon.log

When I try to empty the trash I cannot. I get a message saying the file is in use. I get that Checkmate probably created another one, but this one is in the Trash!?! This may be a problem easily solved but why is it so difficult to find the solution?

These are tasks I do not perform often so it seems it should be easier to figure out how to do them.

Please advise
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Delete Checkmate log 21 May 2014 19:57 #5471

See if holding down the Option key while clicking the Checkmate icon in the menu bar and then choosing the option to suspend testing allows you to delete the file. If that does not work, logging out and logging in might.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Delete Checkmate log 22 Jul 2014 14:25 #5619

People always forget about using Terminal. The following will delete files that get a dialog message when using the desktop trash icon. Use this as a last resort.

Launch Terminal
Type: cd .trash (note the "." there--trash is a hidden folder within your system) hit return
Type: dir and hit return to see what's in there.

To get rid of the log file type: rm *.log and hit return
To get rid of all the files in there type: rm *.* and hit return (any directory listings there will stay.)

In both examples the asterisk is a wildcard character that will take the place of all other typing. *.log will just look at just files that end with that. The *.* command will look at all files since 99% of all files have that in the filename somewhere.

Hope this helps.

Delete Checkmate log 22 Jul 2014 14:44 #5620

Thanks.

Please remember that if you make a mistake with the rm command, you can delete just about anything, and there is no "undo".
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds