Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Exclusions feature in Checkmate 1.1.1

Exclusions feature in Checkmate 1.1.1 24 Mar 2014 22:14 #5284

There is a new feature in Checkmate 1.1.1 that allows you to exclude files, folders, and volumes from the File Structures test, volumes from the Volume Structures test, and devices from the Surface Scan (by excluding a volume on the device).

Open Checkmate, then choose Preferences from Checkmate's Checkmate menu. Click the Exclusions button. Either drag and drop a file, folder, or volume to the Checkmate Preferences window, or click the + button in the lower right corner, then navigate to the file, folder, or volume, and click the Choose button.

By default, the File Structures test, the Volume Structures test, and the Surface Scan are checked if you have chosen a volume, and the File Structures test is checked if you have chosen a file or folder. A check in the checkbox for a test means that the test is turned off. To turn a test back on, remove the check in the checkbox.

While many of you may not need to make extensive use of this feature, we recommend turning off the File Structures test on the Time Machine volume. Since Time Machine is a backup, the files on it have presumably had their file structures tested when the source volumes from which the files were copied to the Time Machine were tested with the File Structures test.

The screen capture shows the Checkmate Preferences Exclusions window when my TIme Machine volume has been added to it, and it has been configured to exclude running the File Structures test on my Time Machine volume, while allowing the Volume Structures test and the Surface Scan test to run.
Attachments:
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 24 Mar 2014 22:15 by micromattech3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Exclusions feature in Checkmate 1.1.1 20 Jan 2017 00:53 #8014

Checkmate 1.1.6 has been released.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds