Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Checkmate ... one could say so :(

Checkmate ... one could say so :( 12 May 2013 15:15 #4037

I bought Checkmate today and it seems to stille have bugs or so?
Checking HARDWARE results in hours of PENDING ... without ending in PASSED
FILES checking also keeps on PENDING... although I can imagine this could take some while.

After a couple of hours of letting Checkmate run and doing nothing on my computer, I then discovered that almost my complete 16 Gb RAM was in use by ... well -nothing- according to the Mac's activity monitor ... I suspect and I quite sure this is related to Checkmate.
I then had to purge the RAM with Onyx.

Hmm, not so happy camper at the moment :(
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Checkmate ... one could say so :( 12 May 2013 16:03 #4038

When a test is shown as "pending" it means that the test has not started yet. I

t may take a few days for Checkmate to learn when you are not using your computer, which is when most of the tests run. If you would like to start them now, hold down the Option key and choose "Start Testing" from the Checkmate menu item in the menubar.

Use the Logs window to see if the memory test ran. It tests the memory that is not in use by the system. That memory should be released when the test is completed. It would show as being in use by CheckmateDaemon in Activity Monitor.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: pieter@de_formatie.nl

Checkmate ... one could say so :( 12 May 2013 16:11 #4039

Thanks for the heads up.

Would be nice to have this important information somewhere in the app showing so one can find it.

Checkmate ... one could say so :( 12 May 2013 16:17 #4040

You are welcome.

Unless you need to start testing immediately, it is probably better to let the program schedule the tests after it has had time to see when you are not using your computer. You are likely to get fewer interruptions asking if is OK to start testing the active startup volume, a test you can delay in the dialog box that appears.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Checkmate ... one could say so :( 12 May 2013 17:19 #4042

Will do, but still strange that at one point all memeory was is user and activity monitor didn't show any application using it.
I really suspect Checkmate having played a part in that.

Checkmate ... one could say so :( 12 May 2013 17:41 #4043

The next time you see something odd in Activity Monitor, made a screen capture of it.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds