Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Uninstalling Checkmate

Uninstalling Checkmate 19 Apr 2013 12:31 #3933

Greetings Micromat folks. I have found Checkmate to be unacceptably intrusive to my workflow. I simply wish to delete it and rely solely upon TechTool Pro which I have used for years. I am a high end graphics professional and when in the middle of a large complex project just wish to "turn off" Checkmate. I find it very discomforting to walk away from my desk for a break and have a "Checkmate must restart the Finder" diagnostic upon my return. I know that this is essentially not problematic, but with the level of work I do, I cannot afford any delays or distractions.

I do NOT have the "uninstaller" and when I just tried to download the Checkmate manual, I got the "The requested URL /product_manuals/checkmate_manual_01.pdf was not found on this server" diagnostic.

Please help!! I am in the midst of an important project and REALLY want to totally disable or remove Checkmate immediately.

Many thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Uninstalling Checkmate 19 Apr 2013 12:49 #3934

The manual for Checkmate is built into the program, in the Help menu.

To uninstall the program, launch the Checkmate installer, and use the Customize button. Then configure the checkboxes to remove the program. The installer will tell you that the software has been installed rather than removed when it is finished, but if the checkboxes are done correctly, the program will be removed. Apple's installer program has no message for successful removal.

If you do not have the Checkmate installer, go to Available Downloads at the bottom of the Login/Register page.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Uninstalling Checkmate 19 Apr 2013 22:54 #3944

When Checkmate tests the disk directory of the active startup volume, and the system software in use is Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6), the Finder crashes and must be restarted. This is a problem with Snow Leopard, but not with Lion or Mountain Lion.

Thanks for mentioning the broken link to the Checkmate manual. The forums moved to a new server today, and the links are being fixed.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Uninstalling Checkmate 21 Apr 2013 00:18 #3945

Many thanks for your quick reply!

I like the idea of Checkmate in principal, but as a harsh business necessity have a "zero tolerance" policy on anything that gets in my way from a productivity standpoint. I turn off all automatic checks for software updates to avoid startup delays and remain wary of any background process that may get in the way at a mission critical moment.

When I eventually upgrade to Mountain Lion (if only a third party could have picked up and distributed Rosetta for profit) I may give Checkmate another try.

All the best for your continued success,

Joe Outlaw

Uninstalling Checkmate 21 Apr 2013 01:35 #3946

You are welcome, and thanks for your explanation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Uninstalling Checkmate 02 May 2013 23:38 #3978

Checkmate will not play well with Checkmate. As there appears to be no way to turn checkmate off I am forced to uninstall. Should the software be changed to play well with other software I would be happy to test again.

Uninstalling Checkmate 02 May 2013 23:55 #3979

I do not understand what you mean by "Checkmate will not play well with Checkmate".
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Uninstalling Checkmate 03 May 2013 00:11 #3982

If you hold down the Option key while clicking the Checkmate icon in the menubar, you can disable Checkmate.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Uninstalling Checkmate 17 May 2013 21:12 #4054

I just uninstalled Checkmate as per Tech3 instructions but I still have the blinking knight in the top bar. How do I get rid of it?

Uninstalling Checkmate 17 May 2013 22:15 #4056

Uninstalling, as opposed to disabling, the program requires running the Checkmate installer, and using the Customize button, as is explained on page 3 of the Help in Checkmate.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Uninstalling Checkmate 17 May 2013 22:18 #4058

If the Checkmate icon in the menubar is blinking, a test has found a problem. Be sure to read the Log before you uninstall the program.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Uninstalling Checkmate 04 Aug 2013 16:25 #4429

I see I'm not the only one who had problems with Checkmate. I consider it a waste of money, unlike TechToolPro.
Cogito Ergo Mac

Uninstalling Checkmate 04 Aug 2013 17:19 #4433

You have already made your point in your other posting.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Uninstalling Checkmate 23 Sep 2016 08:01 #7596

I tried to follow the instruction uninstalling checkmate but the installer has no options which would allow me to uninstall it except selecting the installation device.

Any ideas?

Uninstalling Checkmate 23 Sep 2016 08:02 #7597

Forget it! I found the button!

Cheers,
Holger

Uninstalling Checkmate 21 Oct 2016 23:07 #7682

I bought Techtool pro 8 because I was owner (and I still am) of a license of techtool pro 7.

Inside the bundle I bought, there was 2 out of 3 micromat software I can't install because of my old operating system.

I asked my order to be voided and my credit card to be refunded.

You accepted.

BUT I TRIED TO INSTALL TECHTOOL PRO 8 with Checkmate agent and I can't uninstall checkmate agent without the installer package I deleted (which is normal since I don't have a valid license to use it because my micromat bundle order was voided).

How can I wipe out the checkmate agent without the right to download the checkmate installer because I don't have the right to use it anymore.????

This is a pretty horrible situation for me...

Nicolas

Uninstalling Checkmate 21 Oct 2016 23:33 #7683

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread.

I have spoken with a colleague about your situation and while it is certainly possible to solve the problem by deleting files in the Finder and using a few commands in Terminal, he believes we can provide a more user-friendly solution.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds