Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: using 17 gigs ram

using 17 gigs ram 18 Apr 2013 22:19 #3931

checkmate has brought my new imac to a virtual standstill using 17 gigs of my 24 available. after deleting checkmate, my computer is running so smoothly. obviously, this does not seem to be normal for a program that is supposed to help my computer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: using 17 gigs ram 18 Apr 2013 22:56 #3932

I have seen no other reports of such a problem.

It would have been helpful if we had a screen capture of Activity Monitor showing the problem. It is possible that Checkmate was running the memory test, and not releasing the memory after it was tested. That test should not be running when you are using your Macintosh.

If Checkmate does something that is clearly not intended, the user should make use of the Send Report feature in the Checkmate application's Checkmate menu. That feature sends us the proper log files, which provide valuable evidence of what happened.

I encourage you to reinstall Checkmate. If the problem arises again, please follow the instructions above. Removing the program deprives you of its benefits. Yesterday, Checkmate alerted me to a disk directory error on my startup volume, and today, for another customer, it found probable memory errors.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 18 Apr 2013 22:57 by micromattech3.

using 17 gigs ram 19 Apr 2013 13:08 #3935

i am using the lastest version...and made sure before i uninstalled.

i was also running this on another mac, and the memory check DID START AND RUN while i was working...freezing me out of working.

unfortunately i cannot give you a screengrab of the activity monitor as i have now uninstalled the program.

as many on the forum have asked, if i use protection tools, why do i need checkmate?

at this point, i would never reinstall this program as it does way more bad than good.

using 17 gigs ram 19 Apr 2013 13:50 #3936

Thanks for the update.

The problem you have described should not be happening with Checkmate 1.0.4. We can see how it could have arisen with the first release, version 1.0.1.

Few people use TechTool Pro to run the Surface Scan, the Volume Structures test, the File Structures test, the memory test, and the S.M.A.R.T. test manually as often as Checkmate runs them automatically. Checkmate has alerted me to two disk directory errors on my active startup volume, and one disk directory error on my Time Machine volume. I am surprised at how useful it has been.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds