Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Frequent Checkmate Notifications

Frequent Checkmate Notifications 31 Mar 2013 18:11 #3877

I have been getting notifications every 15 minutes about Checkmate being paused. I am offered a time delay from 15 minutes to 2 hours for a retry. If I set the delay to 2 hours, I'll eventually get the notification again, with a default delay of 15 minutes.

I thought Checkmate was supposed to go to work when my computer is NOT being used. But I keep getting these annoying notifications during my work, and there is no way to turn them off!

I've tried killing the Checkmate agent, but after I kill it, it gets relaunched. There seems to be no way to get rid of it. Although I appreciate the Checkmate concept, I think that I will try to uninstall it and wait for this notification problem to be fixed
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Frequent Checkmate Notifications 31 Mar 2013 18:16 #3878

Most tests are run when you are not using your computer, but if you are using it and the disk directory of the active startup volume needs to be tested, the program presents you with the dialog box you saw, and asks if you want a delay in running the test, which does tie up the computer for a few minutes.

Before you uninstall the program, which removes all of the log files, please use the Send Report feature in the Checkmate application's Checkmate menu. Version 1.0.4 solved this problem for all of the people who had reported it. Thank you.

The Checkmate installer must be used to uninstall the program. Use the Customize button, and put a check only in Uninstall Checkmate. The installer will report that the software has been installed, rather than uninstalled, but that is because Apple's installer offers no uninstall notification.

Checkmate found a disk directory error on my startup volume a few days ago. It would have been found sooner had I allowed the test to run.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 31 Mar 2013 18:19 by micromattech3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alesikar@mac.com

Re: Frequent Checkmate Notifications 31 Mar 2013 18:19 #3879

Sorry, I've already uninstalled it. The reports are gone. But I am going to upgrade to 1.04.

I hope that works better. Thank you!

Re: Frequent Checkmate Notifications 31 Mar 2013 18:20 #3880

You are welcome.

You can download the Checkmate 1.0.4 installer by going to Available Downloads at the bottom of the Login/Register page.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: Frequent Checkmate Notifications 01 Apr 2013 01:38 #3881

I've installed 1.04. But it's the same old story --- notifications every 15 minutes.

Nothing is in the log, and every thing is pending in the status. It's been more than 7 hours since I installed the upgrade.

Re: Frequent Checkmate Notifications 01 Apr 2013 01:40 #3882

Thanks for the update. Please use the Send Report feature, as described earlier. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Frequent Checkmate Notifications 12 May 2013 06:24 #4035

I have also been receiving the 15 minute pause notifications, typically during Techtool Pro 6 function. While I understand the "ease of use" concept, adding preferences or plist edits for advanced users should be considered moving forward.
I sent a report, including my change suggestions.

Frequent Checkmate Notifications 12 May 2013 12:00 #4036

Checkmate is designed to pause whenever the TechTool Pro application, Disk Utility, Super Duper, Time Machine, and other applications that directly access the volume or are making a backup are in use. You should be able to use the Checkmate dialog box that pops up to set the pause for a longer period than 15 minutes, and your input should be used by Checkmate.

Thanks for sending the report.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds