Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Revert to previous version of Checkmate

Revert to previous version of Checkmate 06 Feb 2013 05:00 #3695

How can I revert to a previous version of Checkmate? Today I installed an update and now Checkmate constantly interrupts wanting to scan my startup disk. The previous version did not do this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Revert to previous version of Checkmate 06 Feb 2013 11:23 #3696

The previous version was scanning the startup disk, at times when you were not at your Macintosh.

You can remove the present version using the Checkmate installer. Use the Customize button to remove the program, then run the original installer. As far as I know, the files are all in the same places, so the 1.0.1 installer should be able to remove version 1.0.3. The 1.0.3 installer should be in your Available Downloads at the bottom of the Login/Register page. I am not sure if that has been updated yet.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: Magicpony

Re: Revert to previous version of Checkmate 06 Feb 2013 20:08 #3699

The Available Downloads link now has the Checkmate 1.0.3 installer.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: Revert to previous version of Checkmate 06 Feb 2013 20:15 #3700

I found the disk Image I had saved for 1.0.1. Is the behaviour of checking the boot disk while in use intended in 1.0.3?

Re: Revert to previous version of Checkmate 06 Feb 2013 21:05 #3701

Both programs check the active boot volume, unless you cancel the test using the dialog box that appears on screen before the test begins. The only difference I have seen is that the dialog box lasts longer in version 1.0.3 before a second dialog box informs you that the test is about to begin. Most of the time, this test runs when you are not at your Macintosh. It was quite a few days into using version 1.0.1 before I ever saw the dialog box.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: Revert to previous version of Checkmate 06 Feb 2013 21:13 #3702

I never saw the dialog box in 1.0.1 on my Mac Pro and the one in 1.0.3 flashed too quickly to click SKIP.

Now I have installed 1.0.1 on my MacBook and the dialog box is flashing up on screen just as quickly as 1.0.3 on the Mac Pro.

I haven't reverted to 1.0.1 yet on the Mac Pro.

I'll leave it and see if it really does "learn" when the computer is not in use. Thanks for your help.

Re: Revert to previous version of Checkmate 06 Feb 2013 21:29 #3703

You are welcome.

If you let the test run, it will not attempt to run again for another day.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: Revert to previous version of Checkmate 06 Feb 2013 23:56 #3704

Please use the Send Report feature in Checkmate 1.0.3 to send us a report. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds