Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Curiousities

Curiousities 24 Jan 2013 15:18 #3654

Checkmate seems to be trying to look at drives that were ejected and creates 300K + error messages. It has also come up with errors that no other routines find. To that end, I have uninstalled Checkmate as there appear to be other issues related to the software and I don't have the time to be chasing them down.

Too bad...it seemed so useful at first. It's certainly NOT DIskWarrior caliber software.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Curiousities 24 Jan 2013 15:33 #3655

The ejected drives may be DVD discs that were mounted when a Checkmate test ran.

If you had not already uninstalled Checkmate, I would have asked that you use the Send Report feature in the Checkmate menu of the Checkmate application, which automatically sends us the proper log files. Uninstalling the program removes the logs, the only useful evidence of what happened.

This is the first release of Checkmate, and the better the information we have from customers, the better the second release will be.

The program has alerted customers to failing hard drives, drives with bad blocks, and corrupted Time Machine disk directories.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: Curiousities 24 Jan 2013 16:59 #3657

It was not a DVD it was other physical, non-SSD drives. Did not have any issues with SSDs either as boot disk (3Gps) or on a sonnet cart (6gps).

SImply external firewire 800 mounts and USB mounted drives.

I've already uninstalled as I was tired of seeing everything ok and then over 300K of errors popping up.

I'll try again when you update it.

I meant TechTool 6 and not DiskWarrior in my previous input.

Re: Curiousities 24 Jan 2013 18:04 #3658

Thanks for the update, and it is good to see that you have had better experience with TechTool Pro.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds