Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Failed Drive Taken Offline, but Dashboard still shows "Failed"

Failed Drive Taken Offline, but Dashboard still shows "Failed" 15 Jan 2013 12:35 #3617

I think the Subject line says it all, but what I don't understand is this:

I had a drive which started to show signs of failure, so I replaced it with another and transferred the data. No problems have been found with the new drive and the old drive is no longer connected to the mac. However, because the failure is in the log, the dashboard still shows "Failed" for drive surface scan.

I understand that if I clear the log, the dashboard will be reset but this seems like an extreme way to deal with the problem since it removes all data pertaining to previous successful scans.

Couldn't you at least compare the logged issues with whether a drive is attached and only report when a drive that's attached has had issues reported?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Failed Drive Taken Offline, but Dashboard still shows "Failed" 15 Jan 2013 13:51 #3619

The Status window in Checkmate 1.0.1 will continue to show a result of "failure" for a test even if a more recent run of the test produced a result of "pass". I expect that this issue will be fixed in the next release.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: Failed Drive Taken Offline, but Dashboard still shows "Failed" 15 Jan 2013 15:14 #3620

I presume the future revision will also deal with a drive that is no longer attached. Would you confirm please?

Re: Failed Drive Taken Offline, but Dashboard still shows "Failed" 15 Jan 2013 15:30 #3621

The future version should show the most recent result for a test in the Status window, while preserving previous results in the Logs window.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 15 Jan 2013 15:31 by micromattech3.
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds