Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Checkmate Reports The Same Damaged/Corrupted Files

Checkmate Reports The Same Damaged/Corrupted Files 05 Jan 2013 14:38 #3548

This morning Checkmate posted a message that “8 Files might be corrupted and damaged on …
"
The files in question are included in the screenshot that I have attached to this message, though what I am curious about is that Checkmate has done this once before, with the exact same files.

Since they are .plist files, the system seems to rebuild them, so the first time I just removed them.

The second time I did as well, though now I wondering if there’s a pattern here, since the problems always seem to be with the exact same files.

TechTool Pro 6 never reported any similar problems with the same files (I run it every few months) so I am getting a bit concerned that the problem my lie with Checkmate.

It perhaps goes without saying that I have never seen this issue before Checkmate (which may or may not mean something).

I am working with an iMac
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
6 GB DDR2 SDRAM
Mac OS 10.8.2

Attachment ScreenShot2013-01-05at1.40.24AM.jpg not found

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Checkmate Reports The Same Damaged/Corrupted Files 05 Jan 2013 17:15 #3550

There is probably nothing wrong with the files. The section of the manual in TechTool Pro dealing with the File Structures test explains that a file may work even though it fails the test because it does not meet the strict definition that applies to its file type.

File Structures test
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 05 Jan 2013 17:19 by micromattech3.

Re: Checkmate Reports The Same Damaged/Corrupted Files 06 Jan 2013 01:02 #3552

But does that explain why the exactly the same files appeared this time as the first time, despite being deleted?

It’s a little odd.

Re: Checkmate Reports The Same Damaged/Corrupted Files 06 Jan 2013 01:58 #3553

Take a look at the plist files, for which the entire path is given, and check their creation and modification dates. If you delete the files, and then new files are being created by the system software, and the new files have the same problem with meeting the definition, then they will be flagged by the File Structures test.

Keep in mind that in Checkmate 1.0.1, if a test produces a result of "failure", that result always shows in the Status window. To see current results, check the Logs window.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds