Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: cannot install-errors

cannot install-errors 23 Dec 2012 21:35 #3438

Just purchased Checkmate, stated errors in installation, unable to install. Did I just waste my money?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: cannot install-errors 23 Dec 2012 22:09 #3439

Try repairing permissions using Disk Utility, then download Checkmate again from the Available Downloads at the bottom of the Login/Register page. Use the Customize button in the Checkmate installer to remove the failed installation before you attempt to reinstall the program.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: cannot install-errors 24 Dec 2012 04:08 #3442

Still not happening. Keeps coming up error, cannot install. What gives?

Re: cannot install-errors 24 Dec 2012 14:00 #3443

There are a few people who are unable to get a good download from the server. Please send an email message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email when the company reopens on Wednesday, December 26, which will give you another means of downloading the file.

The only other suggestion I can make is to use a different administrative account to run the installer.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: cannot install-errors 10 Jan 2013 16:18 #3568

I'm having the same experience with my newly purchased used MBP 2.2 (Feb 2011) machine running 10.7.5. I picked up CheckMate as a method of testing the machine to be sure it is all stable.

I'll reply my experience(s) as I resolve with the supplied troubleshooting methods provided.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 04 Aug 2013 18:10 by micromattech3.

Re: cannot install-errors 10 Jan 2013 18:00 #3569

Thanks for your report, and for the screen capture that makes it clear that the problem lies with the installer application itself.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: cannot install-errors 10 Jan 2013 18:05 #3570

"repairing permissions using Disk Utility" didn't fix the issue (but was due/needed for my machine anyhow)

I'm redownloading the installer now...

Re: cannot install-errors 10 Jan 2013 18:11 #3571

hmm.... I posted that I did the disk repairs (which were needed)

I also redownloaded the dmg file, but to no avail. Please let me know if you have other ideas.

Oh - I have a 2nd machine I may try installing it on to make sure it isn't a HD issue.

Thanks in advance!

Re: cannot install-errors 10 Jan 2013 19:35 #3572

There are some users who are missing a file that the system software uses to run the installer as a root process. You can tell if you have the file by launching Terminal, located in /Applications/Utilities, and typing at the prompt:

sudo whoami

Press the return key.

If you get an error message about the sudoer file not being present, the most straightforward solution is to reinstall Mac OS X.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: cannot install-errors 31 Jan 2013 14:20 #3676

I tried the Terminal trick and got this: "WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss
or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your
typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information." That's too scary for me to take it farther. Micromat needs to make Checkmate easier or safer.

Re: cannot install-errors 31 Jan 2013 15:19 #3679

The warning about the sudo command is displayed the first time it runs, because Apple put it there or left it there. Apple itself has KnowlegeBase articles that require the use of Terminal.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds