Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: CheckMate performs its tests even if I am at the keyboard

CheckMate performs its tests even if I am at the keyboard 06 Dec 2012 12:51 #3322

I've installed CheckMate less than an hour ago and I noticed that it is performing the tests even if I am at the keyboard. I think it is supposed to check up the machine while I'm away from the keyboard.
Moreover, two times CheckMate displayed the dialog box to alert me that it was going to start a check of my system volume and I didn't have the time to stop it because the dialog box disappeared before the timer reached 0 seconds. I'm quite sure about it, I'm only wondering if simply moving the pointer could have dismissed the dialog boxes.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: CheckMate performs its tests even if I am at the keyboard 06 Dec 2012 19:35 #3324

In general, Checkmate performs tests only when you are not using your Macintosh, but it does run a few tests right after installation, so you can tell if it is working. You can see what tests ran by looking at the logs.

I believe that moving the pointer should have prevented the tests on the startup volume from being run and should have dismissed the dialog box. You can see if the test ran by looking at the logs. I have seen that dialog box only twice myself, and will try to see if moving the pointer dismisses it next time. Interesting question.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: CheckMate performs its tests even if I am at the keyboard 06 Dec 2012 20:29 #3325

If just moving the mouse pointer would prevent the test of the startup volume from being done, one could argue that the dialog box would be redundant, and that there would be no way to indicate that the test should be run. I will ask about this question. It requires a lot of doing nothing at the right time just to have the dialog box appear.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: CheckMate performs its tests even if I am at the keyboard 07 Dec 2012 02:49 #3326

Merely moving the mouse should not be dismissing the dialog box.

Please send an email message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: CheckMate performs its tests even if I am at the keyboard 07 Dec 2012 02:59 #3327

micromattech3 wrote:
Merely moving the mouse should not be dismissing the dialog box.

So maybe the tests started before the timer reached 0 seconds.
micromattech3 wrote:
Please send an email message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. Thank you.

Done,
thank you.

Re: CheckMate performs its tests even if I am at the keyboard 07 Dec 2012 04:20 #3328

It would be hard to determine whether the test started before the dialog box was answered or disappeared, even with the logs.

Thanks for sending the email message.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds