Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: troubles with CheckMate

troubles with CheckMate 13 Nov 2012 04:27 #3220

Yello! Listen, my friend bought The CheckMate. He is having some problems.
1.he does not understand the principles of checkmate. he does not feel that ChekMate is actually working. By the way^ how he can check that the Programm is doing its job?
2. When his Mac is inactive (when the screensaver is working, or at night with front cover open)THe ChekMate is not working as logs are saying. I don't think its ok..... The ChekMate tired to perform a surface scan but after checking 5% of the disk stopped. And since than it never tried to perform the same test once more. That is ok?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: troubles with CheckMate 13 Nov 2012 04:34 #3221

Please suggest that your friend take a look at the Help for Checkmate, to get a better idea of how it works.

If the Logs in Checkmate do not show that a number of tests have been run after a day or so, please use the menus in Checkmate to file a report. The correct log file and an Apple System Information report should be created automatically by using that feature. The logs can be used by the programmer to see why a test did not run. Thank you.

Checkmate will not run tests if disk utilities, such as the TechTool Pro application or Apple's Disk Utility, are running.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: troubles with CheckMate 13 Nov 2012 04:39 #3222

Thanx,! What do you mean to file a report?

Re: troubles with CheckMate 13 Nov 2012 04:54 #3223

You are welcome.

From the Help, also available as a pdf file in the Support area:

Support is also available through the Checkmate
application. Choose ‘Send Report...’ from the Checkmate
menu. The report will include a System report
and any Checkmate related logs. There are also
fields for email address and problem description,
both optional.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: troubles with CheckMate 13 Nov 2012 05:02 #3224

Thanx for reply. just few minutes ago The checkMate performed some tests. Except the maine ones: file structure and disk surface. My friend is trying to understand what stops the checkmate from performing those tests.
Therfore the disk surface was never done by the chekmate^ and he bought the program 4 days ago.... And he is worrying.

Re: troubles with CheckMate 13 Nov 2012 05:12 #3225

You are welcome.

Please have your friend send the report using the Checkmate application, as described above. There is no other way to know why tests are not running, assuming that the applications mentioned above are not running. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds