Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Atomic Fail

Atomic Fail 18 Jul 2016 10:14 #7355

Hi there

I have ran ATOMIC a few times on my Macbook pro. It fails on the first pass during the random values test. It doesn’t continue with the rest of the tests, it stops in its tracks at that point. Is this normal? Should it not continue with all tests, to find out if there are other issues?

The application also doesn't provide a report or state what the problem actually is, just that a test has failed. So I’m not sure if this is really something to worry about, whether the RAM would need replacing or what the suggested action is. Am I missing something?

A screen shot of the state of the application when it fails is attached.

Any advice would be welcome.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Atomic Fail 18 Jul 2016 11:03 #7356

Thanks for your clear and detailed report.

In general, a failure means that some address in a memory module could not be written to, or that what was read back was not identical to what was intended to be written, so the memory module would be considered defective. The tests should continue, unless the memory is so bad that the program cannot run (unlikely).

Given the odd result that the test stopped, I think you should send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. It would probably be a good idea to have the programmer look at some log files, to see if there are any reported errors that explain why the program stopped. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Atomic Fail 18 Jul 2016 11:16 #7357

Thanks for the feedback. I have forwarded the question to the email address. I also had crash problems with TTP8 that the support team were looking at. Perhaps its all part of the same issue.

Thanks

Atomic Fail 18 Jul 2016 12:34 #7358

You are welcome, and thanks for your cooperation. I hope the logs will provide useful clues about what is going on.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Atomic Fail 21 Jul 2016 23:28 #7361

Both pictures show the stop test as a **selected** option (lower right)

Atomic Fail 22 Jul 2016 00:40 #7362

If you tried to upload a new screen capture, it did not come through.

If you are referring to the screen capture in the first posting in this thread, the Stop button with its red light and the Start button with its green light have bright colors. Once you start the test, the green light on the Start button becomes brighter and red light on the Stop button is dimmer.
Attachments:
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.368 seconds