Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: unrequested restart

unrequested restart 11 Apr 2016 10:22 #7149

Hi,

My machine just restarted out of nowhere whilst I was testing the RAM on it. What could be the reason for this?

It is a MacBookPro9,2 which I was testing off an known working external HDD (running Yosemite).

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

unrequested restart 11 Apr 2016 11:58 #7150

Thanks for you report.

I have not seen any other reports of unrequested restarts while running ATOMIC's memory tests. I would appreciate it if you would try the test again, after shutting down and rebooting, to see if the problem can be reproduced. Also, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply be email, and may be asked to send in an Apple System Information report, and the All Messages log from the system software on the external drive that was the active boot volume when the test was run. In some cases, the log shows a reason for a restart. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

unrequested restart 11 Apr 2016 14:11 #7151

Have sent them an email but as predicted, the second run ran fine... but considerably faster - as in order of magnitudes faster. The CPU being used was also considerably less for the "Random Values" test where it restarted.

unrequested restart 11 Apr 2016 14:17 #7152

Thanks for reporting the results of the second attempt. I hope the log file will give us an indication of what caused the unrequested restart.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds