Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Need help with TTP 8

Need help with TTP 8 20 Oct 2020 14:33 #12455

Hey guys I have an older 12 core Mac running High Sierra and have TTP8 on it that I used to use. I want to run the full check on everything and can’t remember the exact process to do that. I had a cheat sheet I used to use but can’t find it. I know it has something to do with partitioning an eDrive of some sort. Can someone give me the order of function and/or shoot me a link? I googled around but couldn’t find anything. Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need help with TTP 8 20 Oct 2020 14:51 #12456

TechTool Pro 8 is not compatible with macOS High Sierra.

You can download the TechTool Pro 8 manual here:

www.micromat.com/index.php/productmanuals
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Need help with TTP 8 20 Oct 2020 14:57 #12457

Got it what's my best bet? Should I buy the new version? I think it's 13. Will that run on High Sierra? Thanks

Need help with TTP 8 20 Oct 2020 15:00 #12458

Also I just realized my laptop is Mojave 10.14.6, will the new TTP run on Mojave or do I need a legacy version or will 8 work? Thanks guys, I'm having to computer issues and trying to fix things.

Need help with TTP 8 20 Oct 2020 15:04 #12459

TechTool Pro 13.0.1 is compatible with both High Sierra and Mojave. I suggest you take a look at the manual, since it appears you have been away from the program for a long time. You might also find the our Knowledge Base articles helpful.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Need help with TTP 8 20 Oct 2020 15:11 #12460

Cool, thanks do I need to purchase addition license for the extra $21.99 or does 13 come with 2 licenses already or just 1?

Need help with TTP 8 20 Oct 2020 15:15 #12461

You are welcome.

The license that comes with purchase of the program can be used on one machine. The additional license can be used on two.

If you have any problems arise with the purchase of the additional license, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Need help with TTP 8 20 Oct 2020 15:17 #12462

Perfect, thanks so much. Buying now

Need help with TTP 8 20 Oct 2020 15:23 #12464

You are welcome, and thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Need help with TTP 8 20 Oct 2020 15:45 #12466

Ok one more question, I'm trying not to be a pain in the a**. I installed it on my main computer and then when I installed the second license on my laptop I got a window that wanted me to drag a security icon into my Security window, it looked like a hot air balloon. It all went good but I didn't do that on my main computer and just wondering if I accidentally closed out of the prompt without reading it. I don't remember seeing it but I can't find it anywhere. This is the computer running High Sierra.

Need help with TTP 8 20 Oct 2020 15:51 #12467

Among the many other changes since version 8, you must now grant Full Disk Access. The way this is done in other programs does not work in TechTool Pro. We have made a video showing how to do this. This approach grants Full Disk Access to all of the TechTool Pro processes at once.

How To Grant Full Disk Access

Some people have tried to second-guess the video, and have had to watch it several times.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Need help with TTP 8 20 Oct 2020 15:56 #12468

You may also need this:

Starting up Macs with T2 chips
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Need help with TTP 8 20 Oct 2020 15:59 #12469

Ok so I watched the video and I am not getting that Grant Full Disk Access prompt so I guess it's already cleared.

Need help with TTP 8 20 Oct 2020 16:05 #12470

Well, at least you know where the video is, for possible future reference.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds